Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

inawab
Frequent Visitor

Condition slicer

Hi Everyone,

I have a Morring briefing report, but I need it to show weekend operation (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) only on Monday Morring briefing, other days of the week show only 1 day back.

How can I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @inawab ,

Either in your calendar dimension table, or in your fact table, add a new custom column, something like this:

presentationDay =
if List.Contains({4, 5, 6}, Date.DayOfWeek([date], Day.Monday))
then "Monday"
else Date.DayOfWeekName(Date.AddDays([date], 1))

Use this new [presentationDay] column in your slicer and, when you select the day on which you are presenting, it will select the correct data dates for you.

You will need to filter your report page to only include a single week of data, otherwise you will be selecting the data dates for all history rows that match the day criteria.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @inawab ,

Either in your calendar dimension table, or in your fact table, add a new custom column, something like this:

presentationDay =
if List.Contains({4, 5, 6}, Date.DayOfWeek([date], Day.Monday))
then "Monday"
else Date.DayOfWeekName(Date.AddDays([date], 1))

Use this new [presentationDay] column in your slicer and, when you select the day on which you are presenting, it will select the correct data dates for you.

You will need to filter your report page to only include a single week of data, otherwise you will be selecting the data dates for all history rows that match the day criteria.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors