Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dreww12345
Helper I
Helper I

Compute result based on user entered quantity

Hi

I am working on a dashboard that will show my employees the amount of raw materials required for a production item.

For example, 

1 unit of production item C-1234 may require 3 units of C-2233 and 4 units of C-2244 to produce.

I want the user to be able to enter an item and a quantity and have the report return the number of units required based on the entered quantity

So to continue with the above example if a user enters

Item: C-1234 Quantity: 3

I would like the report to return: C-2233 9 units, C-2244 12 units

Can this be achieved using PBI? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, yes this is possible using parameters. Go to the modelling tab and the parameters button. This is a GUI version of making a table with GENERATESERIES(). You can then use the list of numbers as multipliers for your scenario in any calculation.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dreww12345
Helper I
Helper I

That works. Thank you for the help!

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, yes this is possible using parameters. Go to the modelling tab and the parameters button. This is a GUI version of making a table with GENERATESERIES(). You can then use the list of numbers as multipliers for your scenario in any calculation.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors