Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JonasSonderman

Compare 2 tables and highlight the differences

Hello Guys,

I am new to PowerBI and don't have the expertise to implement the following into a query:

I need to compare 2 tables and based on unidentical values put those values in a seperate table. Right now for a simple overview I created 2 tables and a mockup: 

This one is called "Table1":

JonasSonderman_0-1670492931244.png

This one is called "Table2":

JonasSonderman_1-1670492964040.png

And this is the table i want to have after comparing the 2 tables:

JonasSonderman_2-1670493004401.png

As you can see, in table1 and table2 the first 3 rows contain a value that is not identical (sorry for the german text), now the 4th row is identical and therefore not in the mockup included. In the mockup, the row, the column and both values should be displayed for a simple overview.

I know this is probably a lot to implement, but I'd already be grateful for some ideas on how to implement it.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Yours faithfully,

Jonas 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Manoj_Nair
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@JonasSonderman - try this pbix file and let me know if this works for you. 

Power BI file 

pls don't hesitate to give kudos to useful posts and mark solution as accepted. Many Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Manoj_Nair
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@JonasSonderman - try this pbix file and let me know if this works for you. 

Power BI file 

pls don't hesitate to give kudos to useful posts and mark solution as accepted. Many Thanks

Great solution, I've made it work on my case! Just another question: The actual files that I am going to use will be much larger, do you have any idea on how to show the row number of the values that arent identical. Like a column named "row" first so you don't have to manually search for it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors