Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nazila

Combining data sets in Power BI workspace

Hi all,

I have a free Power BI account. It is a free account and I've just created for evaluation. There are a number of data sets that I've created in my workspace by importing data from excel files. To create a report, I need to combine 2 or more data sets together, as each data set include part of the required information.

I'm wondring if we can merge the data sets in Power BI cloud. I don't have Power BI Desktop or Power Query in Excel.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Nazila You cannot merge or create relationships between different datasets in Power BI Online. You can download Dekstop Tool and do the same and then upload to Power BI Online. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jadhav_vilas84
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, 

How to add share some dataset to multiple workspace ...multiple groups  , some group required dataset 1 , sone required dataset2 , how can i manage it. 

thanks 

vilas jadhav 

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Nazila You cannot merge or create relationships between different datasets in Power BI Online. You can download Dekstop Tool and do the same and then upload to Power BI Online. Hope this helps!

Is it possible to get the Online dataset to Power BI Desktop? Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors