Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexParis
Frequent Visitor

Combine multiple rows in one in bank statement (just for one field)

Hi All,

I import bank statements in M but my concern is that the field "Nature of the operation" is encountered on several rows.
How to make the text of the column "Nature of the operation" put on a single row please and not two or more? 
For example with the attached screenshot I would like row n°2 to disappear and in the column "Nature of operation" of row n°1 in the field to be written: 
CARD X8951 29/04 AMAZON EU SARL COMMERCE ELECTRONIQUE

Thank you very much for your help. Its' very appreciate.
Alex

Capture.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made the necessary change. Biut you have to change the name of tab with the parameter of your last step.

Use this after you last step

Table.Group(name_tab_previuo_step, {"Date"}, {{"nop", each Text.Combine(_[#"Nature de l'opération"]," ")},{"Debito", each List.First(_[Débit])}},GroupKind.Local,(x,y)=>Number.From((x=y or y[Date]<>null)))

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

give atry using these and let we know:

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "dat", each if Value.Is([date], type date)  then "#" else [date]),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Added Custom", {"dat"}, {{"nop", each  Text.Combine(_[noo], " ")},{"amnt", each List.First(_[amount])}},GroupKind.Local,(x,y)=> Number.From(x=y))
in
    #"Grouped Rows"

I called "noo" the column "Nature de l'operation"  and "amount" the column "debit".

you have to change one or the other to make all the same.

Thanks and sorry I don't understand what to change in the code M.

My fields are: Source.Name, Index, Date, Nature de l'opération, Débit, Crédit, Devise, Date de valeur, Libellé interbancaire.

Can you give more details please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made the necessary change. Biut you have to change the name of tab with the parameter of your last step.

Use this after you last step

Table.Group(name_tab_previuo_step, {"Date"}, {{"nop", each Text.Combine(_[#"Nature de l'opération"]," ")},{"Debito", each List.First(_[Débit])}},GroupKind.Local,(x,y)=>Number.From((x=y or y[Date]<>null)))

It's more than perfect! Thank you soo much! 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

the technique used here, with specific adaptations, is illustrated in the following blog

the fifth element 🙂

Here is the M code:

let
Source = Folder.Files("C:\Users\Alex\Desktop\Relevés bancaires"),
#"Fichiers masqués filtrés1" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
#"Appeler une fonction personnalisée1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Fichiers masqués filtrés1", "Transformer le fichier", each #"Transformer le fichier"([Content])),
#"Colonnes renommées1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Appeler une fonction personnalisée1", {"Name", "Source.Name"}),
#"Autres colonnes supprimées1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Colonnes renommées1", {"Source.Name", "Transformer le fichier"}),
#"Colonne de tables développée1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Autres colonnes supprimées1", "Transformer le fichier", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transformer le fichier"(#"Exemple de fichier"))),
#"Type modifié" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Colonne de tables développée1",{{"Source.Name", type text}, {"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}, {"Column3", type text}, {"Column4", type text}, {"Column5", type text}, {"Column6", type text}, {"Column7", type text}}),
#"En-têtes promus" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Type modifié", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Colonnes renommées" = Table.RenameColumns(#"En-têtes promus",{{"Running - 052020.csv", "Source.Name"}}),
#"Type modifié1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Colonnes renommées",{{"Date", type date}}),
#"Erreurs supprimées" = Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors(#"Type modifié1", {"Date"}),
#"Type modifié2" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Erreurs supprimées",{{"Débit", Currency.Type}, {"Crédit", Currency.Type}, {"Date de valeur", type date}}),
#"Lignes filtrées" = Table.SelectRows(#"Type modifié2", each ([#"Nature de l'opération"] <> "")),
#"Index ajouté" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Lignes filtrées", "Index", 1, 1),
#"Colonnes permutées" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Index ajouté",{"Source.Name", "Index", "Date", "Nature de l'opération", "Débit", "Crédit", "Devise", "Date de valeur", "Libellé interbancaire"}),
#"Type modifié3" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Colonnes permutées",{{"Index", Int64.Type}}),
#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Type modifié3", "dat", each if Value.Is([date], type date) then "#" else [date]),
#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Added Custom", {"dat"}, {{"nop", each Text.Combine(_[noo], " ")},{"amnt", each List.First(_[amount])}},GroupKind.Local,(x,y)=> Number.From(x=y))
in
#"Grouped Rows"

I have this message (screenshot attached red line): "We did not find the recording "date" field".

Many thanks

Screenshot message error.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors