Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aazza
Frequent Visitor

Column of the table wasn't found

I'm having some issues connecting a column of my table in Power Query.

I have made sure that that all the sources and sample files are connected. I have tried refreshing but still unable to find the column in my table. Have had no issues connecting the previous column.

Any tips on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Error Occurred.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

See if this is being caused due to case sensitivity i.e. whether your column name is "salary" not "Salary". Also check if column name in table is having some whitespace character at the end or beginning. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Aazza
Frequent Visitor

For more details on the issue here is the advanced editor of the Additional Information query. When viewing the sample file that it is linked to I can see the Salary and previous columns with the rest of the table.Advanced Editor.pngSteps.png

Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

See if this is being caused due to case sensitivity i.e. whether your column name is "salary" not "Salary". Also check if column name in table is having some whitespace character at the end or beginning. 

Hi @Vijay_A_Verma 

Just checked and it turns out the Column's text was aligned centrally rather than to the left so there was spaces either side which explains why i wasn't able to find the Column 'Salary'

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors