Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prabhabi
Regular Visitor

Cloud powerBI integration with SQL server database and display user interactive reports in the aspx

Dears,

We have a requirement to build a aspx page which shows the powerBI reports with user interactive. The data presented in the SQL server and our client has cloud PowerBi license. Kindly provide your input to achieve the implementation.

Thanks

Prabha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @prabhabi,

Of course, you can interactive with the report when you embed it in a application. Just like you view the report in Power BI service site.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prabhabi,

In your scenario, you can create a report in Power BI desktop to get data from SQL Server database. Then publish the report to Power BI service and configure data gateway for the dataset.

One way to embed the Power BI report in ASPX page is to use Publish to web feature. But please note when you use Publish to web, the report or visual you publish can be viewed by anyone on the Internet. If the report contains sensitive data, I wouldn't suggest you to do it.

Another way is follow this article: Embedding with Power BI.

If you have any question regarding embed report in a application, please post a thread in Developer forum.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Qiuyun Yu,

Thanks for the information.

Can you please provide the way for connecting PoweBI using C# code in the approach you have provided?

Regards,

Prabha

Hi @prabhabi,

You can go through the article I shared in my previous post: Embedding with Power BI. For example, you click the Integrate a dashboard into an app link in this article, it will display details steps and C# code.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hello Qiuyun Yu,

Thanks for the detalied steps using C# code. One more question, the dashboad/reports are user interacive in this way?

Regards,

Prabha

Hi @prabhabi,

Of course, you can interactive with the report when you embed it in a application. Just like you view the report in Power BI service site.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Hello QiuyunYu.

ooh great. Thanks lot for the response.

Regards,

Prabha

Hello,

I have a cloud powerBI pro version. I would like to connect my SQL databases with PowerBI and then generate reports, dahaboards.  Can you please provide me the step by step approach for this?

Note: I have created "Data gateway" and also created the datasource(connected my SQL database with basic authentication) in the PowerBI. After that, the gateway says "you are ready to go" and "test connection successful". When I try to use "Get Data" option, the powerBI shows SSAS, Azure SQL databases and etc. But it is not showing plain SQL server option. Please provide your suggestion to resolve this.

Regards,

Prabha

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors