Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FC_de22
Frequent Visitor

Checking for rent monthly payments in two tables

Hello,

I have two tables, one with the details of the tenants and one with the payments received (bank statement where tenants pay). Payments from the tenants can be rent or other payments.

How can I create a colum to see if someone has payed the rent and for which month?

The tables have several columns but these are the important ones:

Table 1

Tenant ID

Name

Rent Amount

Doe

Poll

Potter

Table 2

Date

Payer

Payment Reason

Amount

Tenant ID

10/8/2022

Potter

Rent Potter

10/1/2022

Doe

Rent + Deposit

10/1/2022

Citybank

Rent Poll

10/1/2022

Citybank

Deposit Poll

Column "Tentant ID", I created (in Table 2) to be able to relate the two tables.

This is the column I need:

Monthly payment received: has a tenant pay his rent? we need to check in either column "Payer" or "Payment Reason" if "Tenant" has made a payment. Unfortunately both columns have to be checked as tenants sometimes pays directly with the bank account and sometimes go to the bank an pay, so their name can appear in either column. We also need to checked his actual due monthly payment (in Table 1) and when the payment was made (month).

Tenant ID

Name

Rent Amount

Monthly payment

Overall payment received

Other payments

Doe

October

Deposit

Poll

October

Deposit

Potter

October

None

I made already column Overall Payment received but I do not know how to combine the date. From the overall payment column one can deduce what was the payment for.

I would appreciate your help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FC_de22 ,

Hope it helps you. I made a .pbix file for you. It is finished by creating measures.

vstephenmsft_0-1667964246350.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Stephen,

many thanks for your reply and sensind the sample. I have a question regarding the measure Overall Payment Received, this is a sum, but is it possible to get the actual payment received for a given Month? 

That is, find out how much a given tenant has paid in a given month, I am assuming the expression has to combine a filtering for the column Tenant ID in the Amount column and somehow involve the date.

I tried getting rid of the SUM in the CALCULATE statement but it does not work. 

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors