Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sidyahmed_pbix
Frequent Visitor

Change type of multiple columns

Hi there,
I need to change the type of some columns in my table below  (all columns endswith z_matches) .

How can i do in power query to change the type from boolean to text.

sidyahmed_pbix_0-1658407587416.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Insert this step where #"Changed Type" will need to be replaced with your previous step

= Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type",List.Transform(List.Select(Table.ColumnNames(#"Changed Type"), each Text.EndsWith(_,"z_matches")),each {_, type text}))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Insert this step where #"Changed Type" will need to be replaced with your previous step

= Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type",List.Transform(List.Select(Table.ColumnNames(#"Changed Type"), each Text.EndsWith(_,"z_matches")),each {_, type text}))
BITomS
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @sidyahmed_pbix,

From your screenshot, it doesn't look like you are in Power Query? You first need to go to 'Transform Data' in the Home ribbon, then in the relevant table, you can see the data types in the top left of each column header:

OEMTomS_0-1658410807171.png

If you left click on the icon, you will see the option to change the data type.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors