Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

afk
Advocate II
Advocate II

Change type of data source

Hi,

The current data source of my dashboard is a CSV file on my local machine. I now have this data in Amazon Redshift, but Is it possible to change the data source to this? 

When i go to 'Data source settings' and then 'Change source', it doesn't show me an option to Redshift. Is there a way this can be done without re-creating the entire dashboard?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@afk,

You can change source code in Advanced Editor. For more details, please review my reply in the following similar thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Change-Data-Source-from-Excel-file-to-Oracle-Database/m-p/2...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks for your response!

I tried this and it works. But initially, my data connectivity was via import and I now would like to use direct query.  I'm however unable to change this to 'direct query', is there a way to do this?

afk

@afk,

To use DirectQuery, you would need to re-connect to the Amazon data source and re-create the whole report.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft EEK!

There are quite a lot of pages and visuals in the report. Can you suggest any way to easily "copy" the pages and visuals onto a new report? Plus keeping the formatting and positioning of visuals?

Thanks

afk

@afk,

Consider to publish your reports to Power BI Service, you are able to move visuals between reports in Power BI Service. Please take a look at the following blog.

https://powerbi.tips/2018/01/move-visuals-between-reports/

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors