Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Noob101

Change column calculation

I have data with calculated columns in power bi, but I need to change one of the values in the calculation from a certain point, without it affecting the previous data within that same column. Is this even possible?? or should I simply create another report from the using the new calculation? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

There is only one formula per column. It isn't like Excel where you can specify rows for different formulas.

You could change the formula to be the below, which would use your old formula on or before June 15, 2022, and the new formula if it is after June 15, 2022.

VAR varOldFormula = PutYourOldFormulaHere
VAR varNewFormula = PutYourNewFormulaHere
RETURN
IF(
   TableName[Date] > DATE(2022,6,15),
   varNewFormula,
   varOldFormula
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Noob101

thank you very much will give it a try.

edhans
Super User
Super User

There is only one formula per column. It isn't like Excel where you can specify rows for different formulas.

You could change the formula to be the below, which would use your old formula on or before June 15, 2022, and the new formula if it is after June 15, 2022.

VAR varOldFormula = PutYourOldFormulaHere
VAR varNewFormula = PutYourNewFormulaHere
RETURN
IF(
   TableName[Date] > DATE(2022,6,15),
   varNewFormula,
   varOldFormula
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors