Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LUM
Frequent Visitor

Change Data Source from Sharepoint A to Sharepoint B

Hi,

I have a dashboard connected to an excel which is in a Sharepoint folder, I need to move the excel file to another Sharepoint but when I do this and I try to update the data source in Power BI Desktop in the Power Query editor I get the following message in the menu of steps applied for the navigation step:

Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table

Is there a way to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @LUM 

this error message know from a missing sheet within a Excel-table. But it could also be of some missing folder on sharepoint. Check out both of them

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @LUM 

this error message know from a missing sheet within a Excel-table. But it could also be of some missing folder on sharepoint. Check out both of them

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Did you edit the data source in power query so it points to the new SharePoint site?  If so, check the steps to make sure there are no absolute references to file paths in SharePoint that have changed. Turn on the formula bar - it will help flush out the issues. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors