cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmb New Member

Change Data Source Location (excel, onedrive)

Hi,

I'm using Powerbi on line (PBI service). I do have a report working from a data source I created from an excel file stored on my team's sharepoint / onedrive. The excel file has been imported as a data set (not a workbook). I use the simple and automatic refresh offered by onedrive.

I need to move this file into a sub folder (same sharepoint site).

Where and how can I change my report to have it working with the new file without redoing it again ... ?

Regards

JM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Change Data Source Location (excel, onedrive)

@jmb,

It is not possible to change data source location for the existing report in Power BI Service. 

In your scenario, after you move the file into a sub folder in sharepoint site, please re-connect to the file in Power BI Service, then create a empty report and move visuals from original report to this newly created report. For more details, please review the following blog:

https://powerbi.tips/2018/01/move-visuals-between-reports/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Change Data Source Location (excel, onedrive)

@jmb,

It is not possible to change data source location for the existing report in Power BI Service. 

In your scenario, after you move the file into a sub folder in sharepoint site, please re-connect to the file in Power BI Service, then create a empty report and move visuals from original report to this newly created report. For more details, please review the following blog:

https://powerbi.tips/2018/01/move-visuals-between-reports/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.