cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Code in AddColumn

Hello, I´m using the following code: 

#"Substract" = Table.AddColumn(MaxOfYear, "Diferencial aceite", each [MaxfYear] - [MinOfYear], type number)

To calculate the difference between the Max value and Min value from a column, but when the Min and Max is the same value I got 0 (obviusly), so I need to change the Min value to 0 so i get : MaxYfear - 0 = MaxfYear

How can I do this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Change Code in AddColumn

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

you can use if/then/else for it.

#"Substract" = Table.AddColumn(MaxOfYear, "Diferencial aceite", each if [MaxfYear] = [MinOfYear] then [MaxfYear] else [MaxfYear] - [MinOfYear], type number)

Or do I understand you wrong and you expect something like: IF MAX equals MIN then SET VALUE IN COLUMN "MIN" TO 0?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

you can use if/then/else for it.

#"Substract" = Table.AddColumn(MaxOfYear, "Diferencial aceite", each if [MaxfYear] = [MinOfYear] then [MaxfYear] else [MaxfYear] - [MinOfYear], type number)

Or do I understand you wrong and you expect something like: IF MAX equals MIN then SET VALUE IN COLUMN "MIN" TO 0?

View solution in original post

Hello @Nolock that solved my question thank you, now I have to use the same code to substract the production of the last year and the previous year last production like this: 1000 (feb-1-2021) - 700 (april-1-2020) = 300, can you help me ?

YearProduction Diferencial production 2019300
jan-1-2019100 
feb-1-2019200   
march- 1- 2019300 Diferencial production 2020500
april-1-2019400 
jan-1-2020200   
feb-1-2020300 Diferencial production 2021300
march- 1- 2020400 
april-1-2020700   
feb-1-20211000   
Super User
Super User

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

please create a new thread for a new topic. Especially if this thread is already closed.

And please try to write more examples that we know what you mean. Thank you very much Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 393 members 3,663 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: