Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OscarSuarez10
Helper III
Helper III

Change Code in AddColumn

Hello, I´m using the following code: 

#"Substract" = Table.AddColumn(MaxOfYear, "Diferencial aceite", each [MaxfYear] - [MinOfYear], type number)

To calculate the difference between the Max value and Min value from a column, but when the Min and Max is the same value I got 0 (obviusly), so I need to change the Min value to 0 so i get : MaxYfear - 0 = MaxfYear

How can I do this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

you can use if/then/else for it.

#"Substract" = Table.AddColumn(MaxOfYear, "Diferencial aceite", each if [MaxfYear] = [MinOfYear] then [MaxfYear] else [MaxfYear] - [MinOfYear], type number)

Or do I understand you wrong and you expect something like: IF MAX equals MIN then SET VALUE IN COLUMN "MIN" TO 0?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

you can use if/then/else for it.

#"Substract" = Table.AddColumn(MaxOfYear, "Diferencial aceite", each if [MaxfYear] = [MinOfYear] then [MaxfYear] else [MaxfYear] - [MinOfYear], type number)

Or do I understand you wrong and you expect something like: IF MAX equals MIN then SET VALUE IN COLUMN "MIN" TO 0?

Hello @Nolock that solved my question thank you, now I have to use the same code to substract the production of the last year and the previous year last production like this: 1000 (feb-1-2021) - 700 (april-1-2020) = 300, can you help me ?

YearProduction Diferencial production 2019300
jan-1-2019100 
feb-1-2019200   
march- 1- 2019300 Diferencial production 2020500
april-1-2019400 
jan-1-2020200   
feb-1-2020300 Diferencial production 2021300
march- 1- 2020400 
april-1-2020700   
feb-1-20211000   

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

please create a new thread for a new topic. Especially if this thread is already closed.

And please try to write more examples that we know what you mean. Thank you very much 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors