Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Polly123
Regular Visitor

Cannot see updated data on shared Excel doc containing Power Query worksheets

Hello,

I have created an Excel document that uses Power Query between its worksheets (to keep the line descriptions the same). It also includes some formula. It is now stored on a clients MS365 and he has shared it with an MS account set up for me on his company’s system. I access my account with him using MS365 online (using Google Chrome). (I access my own MS365 using MS Edge).

When I try to access the Excel document it says “Be careful, this workbook contains one or more queries. Do you want to enable these queries?     To which I reply “Yes”.

I can see the sheet but the data does not show changes made his end.

When I click on “Data / Refresh” it does not allow it and says “The current selection is not within a refreshable region of the workbook. Select a refreshable region such as a pivot table”. There are no pivot tables in the document.

How do I get the data to refresh so I can see the changes that he has made?

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Polly123 ;

Typically when we make any change or update to a pivot table, the column widths resize automatically to autofit the contents of each cell in the pivot table.

You could refer to those link.

How to Stop Pivot Table Columns from Resizing on Change or Refresh - Excel Campus

Top 3 Excel Pivot Table Issues Resolved | MyExcelOnline

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors