Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jpt1228
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Cannot schedule data refresh to AWS via Power BI Service Gateway Configuration Issue

Hello, I have been using an exterprise data gateway for the last couple of years to schedule refreshes to an SQL DB. I have been working on a new data source/model that connects to AWS with a ODBC connection string. I have been able to add to my exiting gateway and it says connected, but when I try to turn on schedule refresh under the gateway it says X Not configured correctly. I click the right arrow and sleect add to data gateway and it still doesn't work.

Any ideas on what I can try?

Gateway Error.JPGGateway Error 2.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jpt1228 ,

Normally, this error will occur when the data source is not added to gateway completely.

What on-premises data source do you use in this report?

You need to add all the on-premises data source in this report in the data gateway.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-piga-msft  I only have one data source in this data model. As indicated amazon - and then pulling in several views into the data model.

When I click add to gateway in the service it still gives me the exact same error. When I check the data gateway is shows connected.

I am not sure what you mean about "What on-premises data source do you use in this report?"

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors