Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jpt1228
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Cannot schedule data refresh to AWS via Power BI Service Gateway Configuration Issue

Hello, I have been using an exterprise data gateway for the last couple of years to schedule refreshes to an SQL DB. I have been working on a new data source/model that connects to AWS with a ODBC connection string. I have been able to add to my exiting gateway and it says connected, but when I try to turn on schedule refresh under the gateway it says X Not configured correctly. I click the right arrow and sleect add to data gateway and it still doesn't work.

Any ideas on what I can try?

Gateway Error.JPGGateway Error 2.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jpt1228 ,

Normally, this error will occur when the data source is not added to gateway completely.

What on-premises data source do you use in this report?

You need to add all the on-premises data source in this report in the data gateway.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-piga-msft  I only have one data source in this data model. As indicated amazon - and then pulling in several views into the data model.

When I click add to gateway in the service it still gives me the exact same error. When I check the data gateway is shows connected.

I am not sure what you mean about "What on-premises data source do you use in this report?"

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors