Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

toif
Frequent Visitor

Cannot open Jira Content Pack

Hi,

I'm trying to import Jira Content Pack to Power BI Desktop but it gives the below error:

Unable to open document

Cannot convert value 'impersonateCurrentUser' to required type 'ImpersonationMode'. Check path 'model.dataSources[0].impersonationMode', line 16, position 54.

How can I fix this? 

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
toif
Frequent Visitor

I updated BI Desktop with the one released yesterday (4/3/2018 - 2.57.5068.501) and the issue is solved somehow.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a new link to the pbit file. When I click on the one in this thread I get file no longer there errror.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@toif,

Do you connect to JIRA pbit in Power BI Desktop? What URL do you input?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes I'm using the pbit from this link and putting my company jira address as "https://company.atlassian.net" on Power BI Desktop.

toif
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, wrong information. I cannot input any URL because immediately after I open the .pbit file on Power BI Desktop, I receive the above error and couldn't proceed to URL entry form. 

I'm doing the same with Power BI online, that's why I confused.

@toif,

I am not able to reproduce your issue. Do you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop downloaded from the following link? Directly double-click on the PBIT file, it will be opened in a new Power BI Desktop file.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, I downloaded from there. It's Version: 2.56.5023.1021 64-bit (Mart 2018).

Did you try with Jira Content Pack? When I double-click on that pbit file, it opens the Power BI Desktop and shows that error message.

The mentioned pack is from 2016 and not updated since. Maybe this could be the problem. But how could people connecting with Jira nowadays then?

@toif,

I use same version of Power BI Desktop as yours. I can successfully open the PBIT file in Power BI Desktop. Could you please clear cache in your Power BI Desktop and reboot your machine?

Regards,
Lydia

I cleared the cache and restarted but still failed to open the file. Also we tried with two other PCs and received the same error message. I don't know how you can manage to run the pbit. Can you provide the link that you downloaded the content pack please? Maybe we are using different pack files.

kind regards,

Can.

toif
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Have you had chance to try and reproduce the issue with the given content pack?

@toif,

I use the PBIT file you provided, but I am unable to reproduce this issue.

Regards,
Lydia

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Just to be clear, I'm not the one who provides this file. It's shared from this Microsoft Power BI blog page: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/explore-your-jira-data-with-power-bi/ in the comments section.

Also I don't get how you are not getting this error, since I already tried the same thing with many different PCs and get the same error every single time. Maybe you should try with a different setup. 

thanks

toif
Frequent Visitor

I updated BI Desktop with the one released yesterday (4/3/2018 - 2.57.5068.501) and the issue is solved somehow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors