Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlejandroPCar
Helper IV
Helper IV

Cannot connect with SSAS in Gateway

Hi

I've been tying to create a gateway to connect to a cube from SSAS but I cant, this is the problemSSAS SISPRO.png

Im 100% rigth about the connections credentials. Im doing this becuause I cant connect from Desktop, so I readed that It is neccesary to create a Gateway... but... I cant... 

PD: From Excel I CAN connect to that SSAS server.  

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@AlejandroPCar,

What version of SSAS do you use? Are you able to connect to SSAS server from SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) in the machine that installing gateway with same connection strings?

Besides, do SSAS server and gateway locate in same domain?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft,

Hi, Im very new using SSAS so... hahahaha I dont understand much that you are asking, but I cant connect from SQL Management Studio, this is the result: SSAS SISPRO2.png

Hope this can help us to understand what is happening

thanks for your response

@AlejandroPCar,

This is a SSAS connection issue. It seems that you use unsupported authentication method to connect to SSAS, see https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/15274.using-claims-authentication-across....

In your scenario, please use Windows authentication to connect to SSAS database.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

After a lot of searching, the SSAS server's creator said me that there is no way to connect trough Power BI, so... 

Well, thanks a lot for your help anyway @v-yuezhe-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors