cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnewnham

Cannot access Salesforce work order object via Power Query or Power BI Desktop

I cannot see the Salesforce work order object via the power query or power BI desktop connector. I can succesfully view and query many other objects but the work object does not appear in the power query navigator view (see screenshot). This article states that the work order object is supported by API version 36.0 and later so perhaps power query uses an earlier version?

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Cannot access Salesforce work order object via Power Query or Power BI Desktop

Hi @dnewnham,

I am not able to view your screenshot.

However, if you have sufficient permissions on these standard objects in Salesforce, and you are not able to view all standard objects which are available in API version 36.0 or later, I agree with you, the Power BI Desktop may use earlier version of Salesforce API.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
strawn
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot access Salesforce work order object via Power Query or Power BI Desktop

To access Work Order, you can specify the version of the API used by the connector : 

Salesforce.Data(URL, [CreateNavigationProperties=true, ApiVersion=36.0]

pbi-sf-3.png 

HansTheEnforcer
Frequent Visitor

Please accept @strawn solution,

I can confirm this works.  FYI API version at this point in time is up to v45

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors