cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnewnham

Cannot access Salesforce work order object via Power Query or Power BI Desktop

I cannot see the Salesforce work order object via the power query or power BI desktop connector. I can succesfully view and query many other objects but the work object does not appear in the power query navigator view (see screenshot). This article states that the work order object is supported by API version 36.0 and later so perhaps power query uses an earlier version?

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Cannot access Salesforce work order object via Power Query or Power BI Desktop

Hi @dnewnham,

I am not able to view your screenshot.

However, if you have sufficient permissions on these standard objects in Salesforce, and you are not able to view all standard objects which are available in API version 36.0 or later, I agree with you, the Power BI Desktop may use earlier version of Salesforce API.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
strawn
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot access Salesforce work order object via Power Query or Power BI Desktop

To access Work Order, you can specify the version of the API used by the connector : 

Salesforce.Data(URL, [CreateNavigationProperties=true, ApiVersion=36.0]

pbi-sf-3.png 

HansTheEnforcer
Frequent Visitor

Please accept @strawn solution,

I can confirm this works.  FYI API version at this point in time is up to v45

Helpful resources

Announcements
‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors