Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bi_devloper
Frequent Visitor

Can we get data from multiple instance of Business central in Power BI?

Hi All

Is there any way to get data from multiple instance of Business central in Power BI?

for example:  1 Business central is of Singapore Instance  & 1 Business central is of India & other 1 is of Austrailia.

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4
Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi  @bi_devloper - the answer is yes, but you probably need to pull each one separately into a Dataflow and then combine/append the relevant tables from the 3.  This would be cleaner and faster.

Thank You @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy 

Could you please share some links which i can follow as i have never worked with dataflows. Also,please suggest if it requires Premium license to combine & merge the data of different instance in dataflow or pro license will also work?

@bi_devloper - this is a good starting point Creating a dataflow - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Dataflow a remedy slow data sources in Power BI - YouTube
Streamline Power BI Refresh Refresh dataset after a successful refresh of dataflow - YouTube

This can work in Shared Capacity but it will be slower as the refresh may not start as soon as they are kicked off.

Thank you  so much @Daryl-Lynch-Bzy  for your response. I will work on dataflow & will  get back to you if i face any challenge.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors