Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cassierose

Can the timeline slicer filter on one date or another at the same time?

I need to pull in data based on two different dates at the same time. My data has a 'posted date' and a 'corrected date'. I need to make the timeline slicer pull the data for anything that was either posted or corrected during the specified time. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cassierose

It is not supported in timeline slicer. You can select the continuous period but not two different dates on the same slicer. The alternate approach would be to use two different slicers/page level filters.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

I tried to add a second slicer, but it seems to treat it as an 'and' statement instead of an 'or' statement. It's only bringing in data if both the posted and corrected dates are in the date range instead of bringing in data if one or the other is in the date range. I tried editing the relationships, but none of the possible combinations worked. Any way around this?

Hi @cassierose,

Could you please share sample data of your scenario and post expected result here? It will help us provide proper solution for you.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors