Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't schedule refresh 2 appended data base in the Query Editor

Hello,

I m trying to set-up schedule a PBI model but it won't work because he can't find the data base that I created using 2 different CSV files inside the query editor.

I've put the correct source of each of those 2 files but it seems that the PowerBI Service can't reproduce what was made inside the query editor,... So he can't find this "new table". (The rest of the model is updating, only this part is showing an error)

Any ideas?

Regards

Mark Lovejoy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I delete the dataset and republish it and now it working. I started with file stored on local server, then local one drive file and finally web one drive URL. Power BI probably got crazy with all those changes.

Thanks for your time and help 🙂

Mark

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

I had same issue with merging query.

Did you appended query or appended as new query?

If you have just appended to one of the tables then PBI service will give you error.

BR

//Rasty

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Rasty,

thank you for your reply, I appended as new query.

But since it a new query, I think the problem is coming from this

Source = Table.Combine({#"Argo entries Final modèle", #"Integra entries final modèle"})

As you can see it is not taking the source I m providing on the service sicne the source are the 2 tables.

Have you been able to resolve the issue? By appending query (not as new)=

regards

Mark Lovejoy

@Anonymous ,

Do you connect to CSV files in Power BI? How do you add the CSV data sources within gateway?

In Power BI Desktop, you can choose "Append queries" instead of "Append queries as new" to combine two tables.
1.PNG

Or you can create the append table with DAX instead by using UNION() function.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lydia,

thank you for your reply.

I m storing those CSV on One drive, so I m using a web link with the Sharepoint URL.

I was not able to add does links to the gateway "for access forbidden" reasons, I don't completle understand why I get this mistake. So I m connecting with direct credentials. This new appended table doesn't have direct link to it since it is compose of 2 different sources (referenced as data source in the schduled refresh credentials).

I wondering if the Gateway would resolve this issue and allow me to append 2 data base. But since I can't configure gateway I can't try it.

*btw I did the schedule refresh for another model without appended table and the schedule refresh works...

Regards

Mark Lovejoy

@Anonymous ,

"I m trying to set-up schedule a PBI model but it won't work because he can't find the data base"

Could you please describe more about the above sentence? Do you have other data source in your dataset? When refreshing sharepoint online csv, gateway is not required in Power BI.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft 

here is the error message I get when schedule refresh:

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 09.10.41.png

This table "Entries" mentionned in the error message is the append as new table of 2 database which are reference as source in the following credentials.

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 09.12.12.png

I also tried to do this append directly in DAX by using the UNION function instead of doing it in the Power Query Editor. And I get this error message:Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 09.17.41.png

I don't understand what this message wants to say with an existing cnnection was forcibly closed by remote host.

Any Ideas :-)?

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

Maybe WEB connector doesn't support appending queries? I am not sure.

If you are using OneDrive or SharePoint, you should try to use sharepoint connector instead of WEB.

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I delete the dataset and republish it and now it working. I started with file stored on local server, then local one drive file and finally web one drive URL. Power BI probably got crazy with all those changes.

Thanks for your time and help 🙂

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

I am using also 2 types of connections where I made merge.

Using HANA and excel from sharepoint. I had only issue when I have merged hana into excel table.

But when I have merged as new query, it's working perfectly.

Try to use below, looks like you had one "#" extra before first table

Source = Table.Combine({"Argo entries Final modèle", #"Integra entries final modèle"})

//Rasty

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors