Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BIDeveloperCat
Regular Visitor

Can't connect with parametric credential to Microsoft Exchange

Hi everyone,

I am not able to import data in a parametric way from a shared mailbox.
I would like to create a report with some charts inside, but data should change based on the shared mailbox I choose.
I would like to enter to this shared mailbox with my username and password too (obviously the shared mailbox and my mailbox belong to the same organization).

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@BIDeveloperCat,

Do you want to connect to different mail addresses via parameter in Power BI Desktop? If you. create parameter and use parameter as below.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Reference:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/deep-dive-into-query-parameters-and-power-bi-templates/

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thank you for your response.

The link you sent to me is very interesting, but I had already done it.

My problem is (sorry if I did not specify it in the first post) to do it in PowerBI online...I did not manage to publish the .pbit report.

Unfortunately, it seems from your article that this is not possible. Do you confirm that? Or is there a way to connect parametrically online and I did not understand it?

Thank you

Have a nice day  

@BIDeveloperCat

Yes. It doesn't support to use query parameter and PBIT in Power BI Service.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi all,

beside of the proposed parameters usage.... how can I make a PowerBI App that permits to each user that makes the installation to decide which mailbox to feed data from?

I mean... if you go to the public PowerBI's apps gallery there's the Google Analytics App. Of course who wrote that app doesn't know which Google Analytics Account the report will be fed from. It's the user that install the PowerBI App that has to specify the Google Analytics Accout (and make the OAuth authentication too!) in order to feed the report.

How can I develop a PowerBI app that works such a way?

Thanks for your support, best regards,

Marco

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors