Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't connect to some files in a Sharepoint folder

Hi,

I'm wondeirng about access to Sharepoint.

I have been added as a user with edit permissions to a folder in a workspace where I can open and upload content like anyone else. I have uploaded two files which are not a problem to connect to with Power BI Desktop. But anything else there returns an error when trying to connect. In Power Query, it returns a lot of errors and I can't combine or transform anything. The file types are all excel created from Microsoft Forms. I have downloaded an Excel Forms file and uploaded it to the Sharepoint folder but I can't access it. I do not have e.g., permissions to create "Forms for Excel". What am I lacking here? Higher access to the folder? Other edit permissions? Some of it works and some don't, it's confusing.

- Yes i'm logged in with the same account in both Desktop and Sharepoint

- Yes I can't open the files in Sharepoint without issues

- Yes I can access files I have uploaded, EXCEPT for the file I uploaded that was downloaded from Microsoft Form

jarilomkm_0-1653655278786.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you tried to select Combine Files from the Home ribbon to combine the data from all of the files?

Combine files overview - Power Query | Microsoft Docs

me-combine-files-overview-combine-files-button-home.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jennratten
Super User
Super User

If you save the Excel file with MS Form data to another location, such as your desktop, are you able to access it?  What about from another Sharepoint site?  Are there any characteristics of the files you can access vs. those you cannot (file extension, date, owner, etc.)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors