Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sfarley
Frequent Visitor

Can't connect to Google Analtyics

I can't seem to get Google Analytics to connect on either desktop or pro versions. On the pro version if I use Firefox it just never proceeds after I select "Get" for the GA app, and if I try on Edge I can go as far as selecting the specific Project I want but then it ends up giving me this error that it couldn't install Google Analytics, with no reasons why. The status code is 400.

On the desktop version it's returning with a 403 with something about the GA API quota being exceeded, but that's absolutely incorrect and I'm able to use the API with other tools and scripts without issue.

Given MS's convoluted support structure I'm apparently unable to open a support ticket so hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction here. Thanks for any suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sfarley,

This issue has been fixed, please check it on your side.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@sfarley,

This is a known issue which is recorded in Power BI support, please keep an eye on the update time.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm still receiving the same errors today. Was the issue supposed to be fixed at the last update time?

I did get everything to work correctly by using a different login. The login I was using previously is part of an organization that doesn't have Power BI currently (hence the trial), and is a different email than what is attached to Google Analytics. I started another trial with the same email that is on GA (and is not on any MS org) and I was able to connect. I could just use this other login, however the whole point was to do a trial of Power BI for members of the team in the aforementioned organization, so we'd need to get it working there.

@sfarley,

This issue has been fixed, please check it on your side.

Regards,
Lydia

@sfarley,

Engineers are working on a fix, the update time has changed in Power BI support site. Please keep an eye on the update time.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors