Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Clarita
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can´t I see all my Salesforce reports in Get Data

Hi all,

I am a new user for Power BI. I want to connect data from Salesforce reports, but in the list I get I only find a limited number of them. The report I want to find is below 2000 rows and not stored in a private reports folder (and I get other reports stored in the same public folder as that one). 

I get a message of "Search results are limited to already expanded items", what does that mean?

I have the same issue using Power Query.

Can anybody help me finding the solution?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
rmr_pltv
Regular Visitor

Rename your report by adding "!!!!" in in front of naming string: "My_Report" -> "!!!!My_Report" 

Looks simple, but it just works, solved the same issue for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I had the same issue. There appears to be another limit in the number of reports that can be seen - in my case it stopped counting at 10 000. 

In the case this is a limitation originating from Salesforce I really wish that they would scrap it, and also remove the 2000 row limitation for importaíng data from a report. The in-app treporting interface inside Salesforce is not very good so any serious analysis needs to be handled in Excel or PowerBI or similar tools.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Clarita,

Based on Miguel’s response in this idea, the 2000 row limit is from  Salesforce Report API but not from Power BI.

As a workaround for the above issue, you can use Salesforce Object connector in Power BI Desktop to pull all the rows from individual tables and recreate reports you’d like. The Salesforce Object connector doesn’t have the 2000 row limit.
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks, @v-yuezhe-msft

The report I want to find is below 2000 rows, and I don´t even see it the Power BI search results. Is there any kind of limitations on how many reports are delivered (it only shows 10000 reports)? Which is the criteria used if that´s the case?

The workaround I used was to take another old report that appeared in the results and modify it to match the data I wanted to see, buut I would like to know why the other one (being exactly the same) does not appear in the results.

The reason I don´t use Objects is because not all the fields are available, so I need to use Reports in order to pull all the needed data.

Thanks for your help!

Hi @Clarita,

Based on your description, you see that a report doesn't return in the list when connecting to SalesForce reports from Power BI Desktop. According to this article, SalesForce report Rest API has the limitation that a list of up to 200 recently viewed reports can be returned,  I suspect that this limitation leads to your issue.

I would also recommend you post the question in salesforce forum to get dedicated support about SalesForce report Rest API .

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft, thanks a lot for your support. I checked the article you linked, but none of the limitation is the cause. The report was for sure in the 200 recently viewed records. The workaround I used was to change one of the reports I could see to match it to the one I couldn´t, so at least I got to see the data in Power BI.

I will also check on the Salesforce.com forum.

Thanks again,

Clara

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors