Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hazalaltin

Can i use same source with different credentials ?

Hello Everyone,

I have following template https://www.equisys.com/support/Updates.aspx?Product=Zetadocs%20Expenses&Version=Current&lang=EN

I connected out zetadocs source as advised in the link, but we I have 3 different credentials that i can use for the source to get different data . I would like to use that 3 different credentials in one source and gell all the data into the dashboard. 

Is this possible please?

same source but can i use with different credentials?same source but can i use with different credentials?

3 REPLIES 3
o_gordova
Frequent Visitor

Hello! could you set it up? please share your experience. I created data flows, but the credentials in them are updated themselves. How to assign credentials to a stream if the source is the same

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hazalaltin ,

Unfortunetly you can't connect the same data source with different credentials in the same pbix file i think. In your scenario, we can create data flows and connect to data flows in power bi desktop to work around. For more details, please check the online document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-create-use

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hello! based on your recommendation in the online document, I created several data flows from the same source, but with different credentials. The scheduled update replaced the username and password in all data streams. Now the data in all .pbix is the same. Please explain how I can configure the update not to change the credentials in the data flows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors