Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Power BI Data Trigger a Microsoft Form?

Hi - we use Power BI for our data, but wanted to see if there is a way that the data in Power BI could trigger a Form from being sent to our employees?  

Example - Days between 2 Events (timestamps) is >X # of Days.  Thus, a Form is needed to be populated to explain why increased timeframe occurred.

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

I 'm afraid that we cannot achieve your requirement in Power BI Currently.

As I know, Power BI is a tool for data analytics so it does not thave the tigger fearure.

You may try Microsoft Flow which should help you.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

I 'm afraid that we cannot achieve your requirement in Power BI Currently.

As I know, Power BI is a tool for data analytics so it does not thave the tigger fearure.

You may try Microsoft Flow which should help you.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  It may be a cool feature in the future - where the dashboard Power BI data could trigger a Form / Flow from beginning

Hello - you can do this by configuring a data driven alert in Power BI and when it is triggered, a Power Automate flow for the MS Form is kicked off. 

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/048dbe30de7d408594023685bd551c1c/trigger-a-flow-with-a-power-bi-data-driven-alert/
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe you can try and submit this idea?

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors