Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HeliosOne
Frequent Visitor

Can I save inside content after Python RegEx

Hello!

I`m connecting to folder which contains multiply different .xlsx files. Every filename somewhere contains 20 digit account number. At first I need extract account number, recive some number based data from 'dimension table' and make some filtering. After that I want expand 'content' and start working with data inside those files.

That is how my folder looks: 

Input.jpg

I was unable to get steady result with 'column from examples' so I use small Python code to extract account numbers in my dataset.

# 'dataset' содержит входные данные для этого сценария
regex = r'(\d{20})'
dataset['Номер расчетного счета'] = dataset['Name'].str.extract(regex)

Code works well and returns dataset but in 'Value.Content' instead of previous content I recieve 'System.Byte' value.

Output.jpg

It is important for me to make some filtering on regex`ed dataset before expanding 'content'. Is it possible to save all content in one query after regex?

P.S. There is workaround with doubling and merging queries but I would like to stay in one query. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @HeliosOne ,

to my knowledge, these "nested" columns will not survive a passage through Python.

So you have to parse out /expand the columns you need later before applying the Python-Script.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello
I don't know what exactly regex is.
However I'm an excel expert and i can tell you that you can extract data in all dynamically way you need. So stay with M and you are on the safe side
Have a nice time
Jimmy
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @HeliosOne ,

to my knowledge, these "nested" columns will not survive a passage through Python.

So you have to parse out /expand the columns you need later before applying the Python-Script.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors