Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chrisy8s

Calendar Table slicer not working

Hello,

I have two tables with sales activity data (one email, one phone calls) with numerous date fields. Both tables have the same field "actualend" which is the date the activity was completed.

I created a calendar table and have linked the "actualend" fields from both tables to the "date" field in the calendar table.

I have created a measure that counts the rows in the phone calls table that have a specific state code. I have a similar field for the emails

Completed Calls = COUNTROWS(filter(phonecalls,phonecalls[statecode]=1))
This measure calculates properly and is being used to create an activity dashboard.  However when I try to slice the data using the "date" field it returns no values anytime the slicer is used.

Please help!  Ive tried all kinds of videos and tutorials and have wasted far too many hours on what I thought we be a simple solution!  

Thanks
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @chrisy8s ,

Difficult to say without seeing your PBIX file, but my first guess would be that the date columns you are making your relationships on are not set as Date data type.

Go into your calendar query and each of your fact queries in Power Query and make sure calendar[date], factEmails[actualend], and factCalls[actualend] are all properly set to DATE data type.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

Turns out the date in the calendar table did not have the time.  I had to transform the data in the other tables to date only and it worked.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi! @chrisy8s 

Can you check you've a active relationship? Also, check if the table is marked a date table and the date columns are of Date as Data type.
Please share your pbix and I might have a look into it.

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @chrisy8s ,

Difficult to say without seeing your PBIX file, but my first guess would be that the date columns you are making your relationships on are not set as Date data type.

Go into your calendar query and each of your fact queries in Power Query and make sure calendar[date], factEmails[actualend], and factCalls[actualend] are all properly set to DATE data type.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Turns out the date in the calendar table did not have the time.  I had to transform the data in the other tables to date only and it worked.

@chrisy8s ,

Cool, glad to hear it's working for you.

Please mark the answer that helped you as the solution to help others find the answer quicker in future.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors