Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vinush
Frequent Visitor

Calculating the difference between Dates stored across different records in the same table

Hello All,

We have a sales history Table associated with the Opportunity Table. (1 Opportunity with multiple Sales History)

The Sales History table last has a modified date and Status date. I'm trying to find a solution to get the difference between the modified date based on the status Date.

Example

Opportunity: SampleA

SalesHistory Table

Record   Modified            Status

ABC       12 Nov 2019       Open

BCD        14 Nov 2019      Progress

EFG         17 Nov 2019       In Review

HIJ       19 Nov 2019        Closed

As per my understanding, the calculated fields can be used at the record level and not at multiple record instances.

Could you please let me know if you have a solution for the same.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Group on the field that allows the sales history table to merge with the opportunity table. The code below shows the grouping with a sample table in Excel as the sales history table.

let
    Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="SalesHistory"]}[Content],
     #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(Source, {"Order"}, {{"Modified", each List.Max([Modified]), type datetime}})
in
    #"Grouped Rows"

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Assuming that there is some sort of relationship that ties the two tables together, you could use a column in your Opportunity table something like:

Days = MAXX(RELATEDTABLE('SalesHistory'),[Modified]) - MINX(RELATEDTABLE('SalesHistory'),[Modified])

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/relatedtable-function-dax

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for your reply Greg.
Yes, I can create a column in opportunity. However, I might not be able to use MAXX functions in this scenario.

My challenge is to find the difference between Modified date based on Status(Open, InReview)
Hence MAXX function cannot be used here. Since I'm not dealing with the maximum and minimum value.

For example

Status was InReview on 17 Nov and Status was open on 12 Nov.
The difference between them ie 5 needs to be calculated and stored in Opportunity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors