Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarz
Helper III
Helper III

Calculate column

I everyone, I need for you.

I want create a new calculate colum with this sintax

if [DWH.GENNAIO] is null then [Ricavo pesato]/(([FineMese]+1) - [InizioMese]),Table.SelectRows([InizioMese] <= 1 && [FineMese] <= 1 then [DWH.GENNAIO]

I would like to create an if else with the condition that certain dates are filtered.
For example I say
if month is zero then revenue / month where month start <= 1 and month end <= 1 otherwise month.
In dax I did this:

Colonna 2 = IF(Merge1[DWH.GENNAIO] = BLANK(),CALCULATE(SUM(Merge1[Ricavo pesato])/SUM(Merge1[DiffMese]),Merge1[MeseInizio] <= 1 && 1 <= Merge1[MeseFine]),Merge1[DWH.GENNAIO])

but this formula gives me a problem when I create the high months, it tells me that there is a circular dependency and I believe it depends on the fact that I always use the condition:

start of month <= 1 and end of month <= 1

with different months

Thanks a lot to those who can help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@tarz 

This dax is not correctly written. I am sure what exact your are expecting but try the correct formula below:

Colonna 2 = IF(Merge1[DWH.GENNAIO] = BLANK(),
                           SUM(Merge1[Ricavo pesato])/CALCULATE(SUM(Merge1[DiffMese]), Filter(Merged,                                                 Merge1[MeseInizio] <= 1 && 1 <= Merge1[MeseFine])),
                           Merge1[DWH.GENNAIO])

However, I am confuse with the <=1 and >=1, doesn't this means all numbers? This probably causes the the circular dependency.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@tarz 

This dax is not correctly written. I am sure what exact your are expecting but try the correct formula below:

Colonna 2 = IF(Merge1[DWH.GENNAIO] = BLANK(),
                           SUM(Merge1[Ricavo pesato])/CALCULATE(SUM(Merge1[DiffMese]), Filter(Merged,                                                 Merge1[MeseInizio] <= 1 && 1 <= Merge1[MeseFine])),
                           Merge1[DWH.GENNAIO])

However, I am confuse with the <=1 and >=1, doesn't this means all numbers? This probably causes the the circular dependency.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

View solution in original post

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You posted this in the Power Query section. Please confirm if you want M or DAX code. Please provide sample data in usable format (not as a picture) and show the expected outcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors