Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bharat_girdhar

Calculate change in value after each refresh

I want to add a column which calculates the change in value of a column after each refresh 

Please urgent help  

Thanks and warm regards, 

Bharat Girdhar 

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bharat_girdhar 

Power Bi doesn't support to hold any historical data after refreshing.
If you make a duplicate query and uncheck "include in report refresh", it can hold historical data, but it only keep the oldest data.

Best Regards
Maggie

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Power BI doesn't do that natively.  You are better off using Power Automate, if possible, to create a file with your data at desired frequency and then using Power BI to compare the results in those files.

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thnaks for the help but there is a constraint that I have to do it in Power BI only

I got the solution by dublicating the data before refreshing the data and then after refreshing finding the difference between the two

But this is also a manual process where I am dublicating  the table

When I am making a new table with with this table data applying date filter for past week, then this table is also getting refreshed with data.

Can you please help me in this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors