Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dmp
Regular Visitor

CALCULATION GROUP IN EXCEL – ERROR: TIME CALCULATION REQUIRES SELECTION OF EXACTLY ONE CALC ITEM

Hi,
I've created a Time Intelligence calculation group like "CY" , "YTD" , "PY" on a SSAS Tabular.

dmp_0-1632148188650.png

If I connect to the tabular through Excel, create a pivot table and add the calculation group in the columns work great.
If I try to select only two of the six items of the group, I get the following error message
dmp_2-1632148188652.png

dmp_3-1632148188653.png

Selecting all value or just one the filter works.

I've searched online and I've found many solutions for PBI (like this: https://datakuity.com/2020/04/21/calculation-group-in-power-bi-error-time-calculation-requires-selec... but none seems to work with Excel...

Any suggestion on how to resolve the problem?

Thank you,

Davide

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dmp,

I find a blog which may solve your problem:

http://datakuity.com/2020/04/21/calculation-group-in-power-bi-error-time-calculation-requires-select...

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

Hi @v-kelly-msft ,

as you can see in m post, the solution in the link works only in PBI but not in Excel. I am looking for a solution that works in both.

Thanks anyway,

Davide

watkinnc
Super User
Super User

Do you have the isAvailableInMDX property enabled in the tabular model?

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors