Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mkani Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Borough filter

Hi.

I have brought in data from land registry which lists every borough in the UK. I only require the 33 London Boroughs. At the moment I have the data within excel and it filters it out via VBA. I know that VBA is not an option in Power Bi and wondered if there is a script/code which can be ran using M or DAX to filter and keep the 33 boroughs.

Many thanks in advance

Mehmet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nathaniel_C Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Borough filter

Hi @mkani ,

In Power Query it is amazingly simple.  Go to the top of the column. Click on the arrow key. Using Filter select the values you want. When you download to Power BI, you will only have those values in your table. As this becomes a step, when you refresh Power Query will continue to do this step.
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super Contributor

Hi @mkani ,

In Power Query it is amazingly simple.  Go to the top of the column. Click on the arrow key. Using Filter select the values you want. When you download to Power BI, you will only have those values in your table. As this becomes a step, when you refresh Power Query will continue to do this step.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

View solution in original post

mkani Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Nathaniel_C wrote:

Hi @mkani ,

Nathaniel

Many thanks for your help and prompt response.

Super Contributor

You are very welcomwe!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 357 members 3,985 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: