Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bind to Parameter Not Showing

Hi,

I have user sql query, Start date and end date.i try all below solution.

1.create a parameter then create a calaender table but in property -> advance option not show bind parameter functionality,

2.installed latest feb 2022 power bi desktop version but same issue is show,

3.Bind to Parameter Not Showing My Data Source is Sql Server Query.

In Sql query i have deaclare two perameter startdate and enddate and will get the data -> click sql server -> enter servername and database name -> database name side text and parameter two option is show -> click parameter and add parameter -> load data

but same issue is show,so can you help me how to fix it.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
wellvictor

wellvictor_0-1691832480177.png

Dynamic m query feature not showing in preview features. inside model view=>Properties of Date column => Advanced => Bind to Parameter option not visible please help

wellvictor_1-1691832826677.png

inside model view=>Properties of Date column => Advanced => Bind to Parameter option not visible please help

ChocoGanache
Frequent Visitor

Just add a datasource with DirectQuery (instead of Import) and then Bind to Parameter option will show up. At least this works for me, hope it works for you 🙂

This seemed to work: adding _any_ direct query into the model seemed to enable this field on fields in all the queries (imported or not).   Very strange...

Now if I could only get the binding to actually work!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This worked for me, but my case is slightly different, since the date I needed as a parameter is easily obtained using M functions and I'm using an OLAP query instead of a SQL one:
i) Instead of creating a brand new parameter through the Manager Parameters > New Parameter > etc, I created a New Query called "p_date", where I wrote the functions to obtain my date;
ii) Then, I selected the OLAP query, opened the Advanced Editor and replaced the (let's call it) fixed value by the p_date and ta-daaaaaaaaaa, it's done.

Would it work for you?

Ibra

Hello,

I have the same issue. I'm using Power BI Desktop for RS Jan 2022 version and i can't find preview features in options settings to enable Dynamic M parameters.

I also try to find it in Power BI Desktop May 2022 version, but impossible to see this option.

Any solution about this problem ?

Regards.

Senzo19

Hello,
i have the same issue. I can't see bind to parameter option in advanced settings.

i have Power BI Desktop for RS Mai 2021 Version.
Anyone have a solution ?
Regards !

Anonymous
Not applicable
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Would you consider attaching a screenshot to help us understand the issue you're having?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am having the same issue. There is simply NO "bind to parameter" option in Advanced Properties of the selected field -as shown in the screenshot above.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors