Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OldCityCat

Beginner Power Query user with Grouped Rows Error

Thanks to Bill Szysz at Excelguru for helping me with getting started with this porject.

After added the Grouped Rows line of code with my column name, I am getting a "Token Comma expeted" error when  show error

"tbl" is high lighted. I verified all column names a correct, not sure what else to look for.

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.

OldCityCat

let
    Source = Table.NestedJoin(RowOne,{"Employee_Num"},RowTwo,{"Employee_Num"},"RowTwo",JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded RowTwo" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Source, "RowTwo", {"Name", "Employee_Num", "Code", "Date", "DailyAmount"}, {"RowTwo.Name", "RowTwo.Employee_Num", "RowTwo.Code", "RowTwo.Date", "RowTwo.DailyAmount"}),
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Expanded RowTwo",{"Name", "Employee_Num", "Code", "Date", "Hours", "RowTwo.DailyAmount"}),
    #"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Removed Other Columns", {"Employee_Num", "Date"}),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Duplicates",{{"RowTwo.DailyAmount", "DailyAmount"}}),
    #"Grouped Rows"= Table.Group(#"Renamed Columns", {"Employee_Num}, {{"tbl", each _ & Table.FromRecords({[#"Employee_Num"=null]}), type table [Name=text, Employee_Num=number, Code=text, Date=date, Hours=number, DailyAmount=number]}},0)
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
artemus
Employee
Employee

Your missing a " at the end of"

"Employee_Num

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
artemus
Employee
Employee

Your missing a " at the end of"

"Employee_Num

artemus,

Thanks for your reply, I guess I didn't see the forest for the trees.

After fixing the " and refreshing the query, I expected to see a new table with two columns

Employee_Num and tbl with a expand option. No such luck.

I still must be missing something.  

Any Ideas?

Seems to work fine for me.

Are you getting an error, or what are you seeing?

I found my problem,

I needed to change  In to "#Rename Columns"

Work as expected 

#"Grouped Rows"= Table.Group(#"Renamed Columns", {"Employee_Num"}, {{"tbl", each _ & Table.FromRecords({[#"Employee_Num"=null]}), type table [Name=text, Employee_Num=number, Code=text, Date=date, Hours=number, DailyAmount=number]}},0)
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors