Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hweaves12
Frequent Visitor

BI online connection to MYSQL database.

Looking for a definitive answer here.

I can connect to my on premise MYSql database using the desktop version but after I publish my report I cannot set up a data source through my enterprise gateway so that I can schedule a refresh.

Is this possible at all ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After 2 days of trying to get this to work its now working!!!

I deleted the dataset , republished it from the desktop but was still getting the same issues.

So I stopped and restarted the on premise gateway , re-added the dataset to the gateway and its now working.

I havent done anything different to what I would normally do, other than restart the gateway????

Dont know why or how its decided to work now , but just thankful its now working.

Many thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@hweaves12,

You are able to add MySQL data source within gateway, and set schedule refresh for your dataset in Power BI Service. What error message do you get in the process?

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm now getting the error message.

"Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.Your data source can't be queried because the credentials are not provided. Please provide your credentials and try again."

When I try to edit the credentials it just seem to hang.

It prefills the form with my local server name and the database name.

My choices of authentication method are windows or basic.

If I choose windows and put my windows credentials in it just spins.

If I choose basic and put my MySql user details in it just spins.

Im assuming that until I resolve this issue then I wont be able to select my data gateway.

@hweaves12,

Do you add MySQL data source within on-premises gateway? Make sure that you use the latest version of gateway, and the server name and database name are same as that you use to connect to MySQL in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

After 2 days of trying to get this to work its now working!!!

I deleted the dataset , republished it from the desktop but was still getting the same issues.

So I stopped and restarted the on premise gateway , re-added the dataset to the gateway and its now working.

I havent done anything different to what I would normally do, other than restart the gateway????

Dont know why or how its decided to work now , but just thankful its now working.

Many thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors