Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndyDev

Azure DevOps - Unable to connect

I am trying to connect to Azure Devops, a few weeks back I managed to get a report working and this version is still ok. Now I try and use the same credentials , organisation and team project in the settings but I keep receiveing the error below when I use get data 

Unable to connect

We encountered an error while trying to connect.

Details: "The downloaded data is HTML, which isn't the expected type. The URL may be wrong or you might not have provided the right credentials to the server."

It is really strange that the existing report works fine but if I try and change the connection settings on the working report it also fails with the above.

Does anyone have any ideas I can try?

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyDev 

Which connector in Power BI do you use?

Please check the documents below:

using the Azure DevOps Power BI Data Connector

Power BI Integration with Azure DevOps

Update to lastest version,

Open a new blank Power BI file,

Clear the permission for the data source(Edit queries->Data source setting-> find Azure DevOps source->clear permission),

reconnect to data source using methods above.

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am afraid that has made things worse, after removing the credientials my exsisting report doesn't work either./ After entering the connection details fo organisation and team into the Azure Devops (Beta) connector i get

Details: "The downloaded data is HTML, which isn't the expected type. The URL may be wrong or you might not have provided the right credentials to the server."

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors