Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatically update Power BI from Sharepoint

Hello
I have a .pbix published in my work environment with data in sharepoint.
Does not update the environment every hour, what can be the cause?
sharepoint updates in PBI every hour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous ,

Do you connect to SharePoint online files such as csv or Excel in Power BI Desktop? And do you want to get updated data in Power BI report when you change data in the file data source within one hour? If so, you would need to directly connect to the SharePoint online file in Power BI Service using Get Data->Files->SharePoint option. Then create report in Power BI Service and configure OneDrive Refresh for the dataset.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MazterNiels

Hi @Anonymous,

It's also possible to update the dataset via Azure Logic Apps (and possibly PowerApps/Flow). You can set it up like this:

1. Add a Recurrence as trigger and select an interval
    Refresh Dataset 1.PNG
  2. Search for the PowerBi connectors and select 'Refresh a dataset'
    Refresh Dataset 2.PNG
  3. Connect the PowerBi Workspace and Dataset
    Refresh Dataset 3.PNG
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous ,

Do you connect to SharePoint online files such as csv or Excel in Power BI Desktop? And do you want to get updated data in Power BI report when you change data in the file data source within one hour? If so, you would need to directly connect to the SharePoint online file in Power BI Service using Get Data->Files->SharePoint option. Then create report in Power BI Service and configure OneDrive Refresh for the dataset.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this to be done in addition to connecting to the excel file in Sharepoint through Desktop or do you only connect this way and then export the .pbix back to Desktop in order to edit it?

I have a similar question but my data source is a sharepoint list. Is it possible to set up an automatic refresh? I would like to be able to update data in the list then see the results in the Power BI web app on the SharePoint site.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much, I'll try it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors