Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automate export of table from within Power BI dataset

I have a pbix whose final output is a series of graphical report pages as well as a report page with a single table with rows and columns. Is there a way to automate the export of this table (as a csv/txt/xls file) to an external location? Currently a user has to open up the report from within the Service, go to the report page, click in the table, click Export, and manually save the table data as a file.

Looking for a way to automate this step.

Thanks for your replies.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

It is not possible to automate export table from Power BI Service, there is an idea about this issue, you can vote it up.

However, in Power BI Desktop, you can use R script as a workaround, each time you run the visual or update the dataset, the data in table will be exported. For more details, please check alanhodgson's reply in this similar thread.

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a pbix which gets data from various sources, performs transformations, and displays validation issues in an operations dashboard. Additionally I am looking for a way to automate the export of the final transformed table into an external location, automatically. 

Currently the only way I have found is to open the relevant report page, click on the table, click export to excel and save the data manually to a location. Any way to automate this? Thanks for your replies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors