Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assign value based on slicer Range selection

HI Team,

We came across one requirement in which we need one column(Can be custom Column) for which value should be populated based on slicer range selection(Dynamically).

eg: 

Dynamic Value/Custom column
IDRange ValueFlag
1001124N
1002212N
1003345N
1004434Y
1005523Y
1006648Y

Now Range is slicer from where based on range selection Flag column should assign Y or N dynamically.  if range is falling between selection then Y else N. 

Slicer range selected from 4 to 6 hence Flag column populated value as Y for the same. 

We have tried with ISfiltered DAX function but the problem is , it is not working if we are creating this as custom column . 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You need to create a measure, Columns will not work as they are not affected by the slicer filters.

=IF ( MAX(TABLE[RANGE] >= MIN(SLICER[COLUMN] && MAX(TABLE[RANGE] <= MAX(SLICER[COLUMN], "Y", "N") 

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You need to create a measure, Columns will not work as they are not affected by the slicer filters.

=IF ( MAX(TABLE[RANGE] >= MIN(SLICER[COLUMN] && MAX(TABLE[RANGE] <= MAX(SLICER[COLUMN], "Y", "N") 

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Fowmy 

Thanks for your response on the query. 

We would like to know if we want to achieve interection with other visuals then This measure is not interacting. 

Is there any way to achieve interaction? 

Dynamic Value/Custom column
IDRange ValueFlag
1001124N
1002212N
1003345N
1004434Y
1005523Y
1006648Y

Eg: We have enabled relationship and visual interaction as well but after adding this Measure in visual , interaction is not happening. 

In above example count Flag (Y) is 3 so on click on the same it should interact with others to show only rows with Flag = Y in table . Could you please let us know Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks in Advance! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors