Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval process flow for import

Hello PBI community,

This post is to find a way to cover a need of the company I work for.

What we want to achieve: We want to be able to have some kind of conditionnal automatique txt file import. For exemple, when a Manager publish is budget, the financial controller should be able to control it before it is beeing uploaded. Then he ticks a box or something and the fill is getting uploaded on the final financial statement. A validation workflow process. Is this possible when comining PBI with Sharepoint for example?

We are open to hear from you any kind of solutions/suggestions even if it requiers a 3rd party tool.

Thanks you for your suggestions

Regards

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you want to add approval process in Power BI when uploading file to Power BI? If so, I don't think this can be achieved on Power BI side as you describe.

The owner of Power BI report has full control over that what file he wants to import. A method I can think of is to grant different users permissions on different files in SharePoint, it can make users only import the files they have permission on to Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you want to add approval process in Power BI when uploading file to Power BI? If so, I don't think this can be achieved on Power BI side as you describe.

The owner of Power BI report has full control over that what file he wants to import. A method I can think of is to grant different users permissions on different files in SharePoint, it can make users only import the files they have permission on to Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

thank you for your answer. Yes I imagined we will have to handle this outside the perimeter of Power BI.

Thank for your solution.

Regards

Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors