Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Application Insights unable to edit report

Good Morning,

I have been looking into this.  According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-insights/app-insights-export-power-bi, I should be able to  leverage the "Power BI adapter" and connect to Azure Application Insights.  I have been able to create the app and share it with another user.  However, I am unable to edit the report.  The breadcrumb has a lock next to it and when I hover over edit report, the tooltip gives a bit more description.  Would this be a tenant setting?  I am new to the environment and am starting the believe I do not have the correct level of access.  Breadcrumb.pngEditReport.png

I found this which leads me to believe that I may not have access on the Admin Portal for the tenant settings which I am not able to edit.

Thank You,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

When importing Application insights data via Get Data->Services entry in Power BI Service, it is not possible to edit the report, this behavior is by design. 

You can use Power BI Desktop instead to connect to Application insights, create required report and publish Power BI Desktop file to Power BI Service.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

When importing Application insights data via Get Data->Services entry in Power BI Service, it is not possible to edit the report, this behavior is by design. 

You can use Power BI Desktop instead to connect to Application insights, create required report and publish Power BI Desktop file to Power BI Service.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft, Good Morning Lydia

Is there an online service or other connector for this?  I am not seeing it.  The only process I know of is to design a query in Azure Analytics and export the M Query into an "Other-->Blank Query" data connector.  Please let me know if I am not understanding the process correctly.  Thank You for the response.

Respectfully,

Rob

@Anonymous,

There is no other connector for this. What I mean is to export the M Query and put it to an "Other-->Blank Query" data connector of Power BI Desktop, then create/edit your report in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning,

I do apologize for the delayed response.  Thank You for confirming what I suspected.  I believe we are going to just setup a continuous stream through azure services to monitor the telemetry data.  I've placed a link below for reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-insights/app-insights-code-sample-export-sql-stre...

Thanks,

Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors