Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Appending Data to a query to a previous query from the same table

I'm trying to build a report that relies on a csv export from a specific web app.

The report coming from that web app only provides data for the last 6 months.

The CSV file is always stored at the same location under the same name, this allowed me to query this file while still allowing this data to be overwritten. The result looks similar to the below:

Table A

MH5_1-1652452133967.png

The file that has the query then takes the data and puts it through a workflow. The resulting data is then queried within the same file to create a transformed table. 

Table B

MH5_2-1652452182800.png

The challenge is then this, Table A is the result of an export of data that only provides me with a section of the data actually needed

Table B is a query on Table A for columns A and B.

Table A as a result of the export can change as the fields in the web app can be changed, for example, for ID 3, Column B or D could be updated with a new value.

When refreshing the queries in the file, Table A should update and replace all previous content in that sheet. Table B should retain any pre-existing rows and only update with the newly added IDs from Table A. Table A has a column added with a vlookup for the ID into Table B. This allows me to filter out rows that already exist in Table B.

The problem is that because Table B is populated with data from Table A, and the source data for Table A only pull the last 6 months' data, Table B loses information that needs to be retained, but the additional columns also no longer match up with the correct data in column A and B.

Is there anyway I can use Table A to grab the rows for the IDs that do not exist in Table B and insert them into Table B while leaving the rest of the rows in Table B unchanged?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Admin,

Using the prior threads I was able to identify https://www.thebiccountant.com/2016/02/09/how-to-create-a-load-history-or-load-log-in-power-query-or... as a working set of instruction to achieve the required results.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors