Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Polymath

Appended columns not shown in Report

Hello,

I have appended one table into another containing Unique key's, but when I want to show my Factstable in Report, two columns are not shown side by side. 

This is my scenario:

Factstable 1: 

KEY_Shop; KEY_Week; KEY_Product; Weekly_Sales

Table 2: Promotions

KEY_Shop; KEY_Week; KEY_Product; Promotion_ID

I have appended Table 2 into Factstable 1, and now I want to make measures in the Desktop. But when I want to show the Factstable with Promotion_ID next to Weekly_Sales, it shows them under each other, not next. 

I need to append these tables since otherwise they do not aggregate correctly later when I am exporting it to excel.

I have changed the value of Weekly_Sales to Decimal.

What do i need to do?

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Polymath ,

In your scenario, you should use append instead of merge. Please refer to this third - party blog for more details.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Polymath ,

In your scenario, you should use append instead of merge. Please refer to this third - party blog for more details.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
AnkitBI
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Have you tried Merge instead of Append ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors