Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NISH72
Helper IV
Helper IV

Append tables dynamically

Hi I have appended 4 different tables in one new table in query editor. The data source is Excel. But a user made changes in the column of the original data source in excel and now after refresh the appended new table is showing error. Is there a way in which even if changes have been made to column in data source. It should not affect the appended new table. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @NISH72 ,

By my test with the latest version of Power BI Desktop, when I change the data source(add rows, add columns), the append query will not show errors. If I delete the columns, it will throw errors like below.

Capture.PNG

If you have the same error, I'm afraid that you need delete the "Change Type"query of Sales in Sheet 30 in Advanced Editor for my scenario above, then the error will be fixed.

delete the query.png

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @NISH72 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @NISH72 ,

By my test with the latest version of Power BI Desktop, when I change the data source(add rows, add columns), the append query will not show errors. If I delete the columns, it will throw errors like below.

Capture.PNG

If you have the same error, I'm afraid that you need delete the "Change Type"query of Sales in Sheet 30 in Advanced Editor for my scenario above, then the error will be fixed.

delete the query.png

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors